Crystal Dike
Four people were killed and 10 others wounded in a shooting at a family gathering in Stockton, California, on Saturday, November 29, 2025, US police have said.
The attack occurred shortly before 6:00 p.m. inside a banquet hall in Stockton, northeast of San Francisco, according to the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office.
Spokesperson Heather Brent said the victims, who included both juveniles and adults, were rushed to local hospitals.
“We have confirmed that there were 14 victims in total. Four of those are deceased,” she said.
Preliminary investigations suggest the shooting may have been targeted, although detectives are still exploring all possibilities. Authorities have yet to identify any suspect.
In a statement on social media, the sheriff’s office said investigators were working to determine the circumstances leading up to the incident and urged members of the public with information or video footage to come forward.
California Governor Gavin Newsom has been briefed on the shooting, his office confirmed.
According to the Gun Violence Archive, the United States has recorded 504 mass shootings so far in 2025, including the Stockton incident. The archive defines a mass shooting as one in which four or more people are shot.